Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March 31st



Dear Family,

How are you all. I loved hearing about how things are going. The festival of colors... sounds and looks very colorful. ´Makes you´re pearly whites so much pearlier and whiter.

Here in Argentina, we´re finally arriving in Autumn. It´s getting less hot and I actually used a sweater the other day.

This last week was transfers! My companion left all the way down to El Bolsón (getting down towards the south pole, okay not THAT close, but the limits of our mission), and I recieved a new ¨mini missionary¨ companion from Trevelín, even more south of El Bolsón. 

I was really worried at first. I was thinking how this is some kid from Argentina, who hasn´t even been through the MTC, and I don´t know what I´m going to do with him... To make worries worse, I heard a few hours before he came that he is 28 and that he got baptized 3 weeks ago. Can you imagine what I was thinking? I don´t remember. But I remember feeling worried and praying multiple times.

Well, despite my worries and the like, everything turned out quite well. Raúl Hilari, my new companion is ´´un capo´´ (very cool kid). A little more than half my size living, at 28 years old, he was quiet at first, but he´s really ready to go to work and to share his testimony. This kid´s got faith. He was baptized a month ago and even though he can´t leave on a mission full-time, for his age, he listened to the spirit´s promptings to take advantage of this oppportunity to leave on a ´´mini-mission´´.

Well, I sadly am out of time... again.

Sending love and prayers your way,

Elder Bradley Turek
 My face...

No comments:

Post a Comment