Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 7th



Dear Family,

How are you all? I´m good! Thanks for asking! It makes me oh-so-very-happy hearing about all of your most excellent happenings at home!

To clear it up, no my companion is not a midget, haha, I guess that´s what I get for hyperolating and  saying he was half my size. He´s 1..71 meters or.... 5´ 7´´.

Conference was great!! Yes, mom, to answer your question of ¨is Brad watching this conference right now¨, yes, I was. (Except the Priesthood session because it was way too late for us at 9 or 10 at night... I don´t remember)

I loved conference and I hope all of you were listening to what the Prophet said, it´s important. He´s the prophet.

I hope you guys appreciate how easy it is for you to watch conference and that you guys make it something important. Here in 25 de Mayo, La Pampa, Argentina, we watch it all together in the chapel. We finally got internet in our chapel here and so we hooked it all up and watched as a branch.Technology is a miracle. It was great to watch conference,even if it was dubbed over with spanish, but I was depressed and frustrated with how many people didn´t find it very important to come and listen to what the Prophet of the Lord has to say. In other words, according to D&C 1:38, what God has to say directly to us. We are consistently asking for guidance from the Lord, but when he talks to us conference are we listening? *Sigh* I sent messages and invited and I´ll give it to them, that it was raining with a significant amount of rain, but we even, for some of them, went to their houses to pick them up in a car. Fa... (Fa is the same thing as ´´Wow´´ or ´´Jeez´´ or a sigh in Latin America) It was frustrating for the moment, but it just gives me an even greater appreciation for conference and the guidance of the Prophets that I CHOOSE to listen to.

Okay, so yeah this week we spent a whole day out of our area at a Zone Conference and 2 days out of our area in a area close-by staying with a solo missionary. Also, these last 5 days we´ve had a whole bunch of rain, and wind. More rain and storm than we´ve had in 40 years. Luckily where I am there are all asphalt streets, but in other places not so much, and it did a lot of damage in Neuquén, but where I am (Mother, listen to this) everything is fine, except for lots of big puddles and a mud.

A question for everyone, that means you, reading this.

What was your favorite talk or topic in General Conference?

Don´t forget to go back and watch, read, or listen to conference, even if it´s one talk, listened to in the shower and during breakfast, at a time! (That´s how I do it.)

Thanks for all of your prayers!


Cordially,

Elder Bradley Turek

P.S. My companion sends his regards to all of you. He didn´t want to take a picture today, but here is a picture of him washing the dishes to give you a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment