Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 22nd



How are things! I feel like I start every single email with that...

Okay so this week, 

Firstly, our little dogs keep following us, ever-so faithfully.

Secondly, we have a new investigator who we´re working with named Pol. (The spanish copy of Paul). He´s a kid of 9 years and he´s pretty good. His dad is less active and his mom is Catholic. We´ve been teaching him a few days this week and as we were teaching the plan of salvation and having him draw what we were explaining to help him understand it, we got to the Kingdoms of Glory and we explained which people are going to be in which Kingdoms.

We said that only those who accept and live the gospel of Jesus Christ will be there and he looked at the list of Faith, Repentance, Baptism, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and it donned on him, ´´Sólo falta bautizarme!´´ ´´I just need to get baptized, then!´´ 

Haha, he was kind of excited and we were like, ´´exactly!´´ you need to get baptized! So now he´s more excited about getting baptized.

Changing topic slightly, I got kissed by a crazy lady the other day. We were in the Anonima (like Argentine Walmart) when all of sudden I hear someone say hola in a sing-song voice and start to walk towards me. It was a mom and a girl, and at first I didn´t recognize who it was, but that happens sometimes because we move around a lot and some people just know that if we´re dressed the way we are that we are none other than the missionaries. 

So at first I thought she was a member from somewhere, but then I remembered. It was a lady who I had helped with her computer at the internet cafe. She had remembered who I was and was apparently very excited to see me. As is custom here she came up to me leaned in for a kiss on the cheek and once she had already leaned in it gets really awkward to put outstreched stiff arm hand in their face so I gave her and her daughter a kiss on the cheek and it was really no big deal. (It happens often enough.)

But the weird thing was that she was laughing. I talked, she laughed. Haha, it was very friendly of her to remember me and to greet us, but she laughed at basically anything I said. She also speaks a little english and so she´d throw a few words in there and laughed almost nervously some more.

I at first just left it at that, and let her go, but then I realized I should invite her to do something, so I went back over to her and got her number and address and invited her to our English Classes. We´ll see how it goes.

Okay, OTHER NEWS:
  • We´re going to have a sweet activity called Trip to Hawaii.
  • My companion is probably going to be transferred this week.
  • I HAVE A YEAR IN THE MISSION, I´m old and my socks are holy. (Not the biblical variety)
  • We don´t have a washing machine (let alone the myth you people call dryers) and so these last two weeks I had the experience of washing clothes by hand. I will never look at a washer with the degree of unappreciation that I have shown them in the past. 
Thats all folks,

Elder Bradley Turek



No comments:

Post a Comment