Thursday, July 10, 2014

8 de Julio



Hello family,

It´s wonderful to see all the pictures of the celebrations of the 4th of July. I was laying in my bed and thinking about how right about now there having fireworks all over the... united states. I hope it all went well and there were minimal injuries

Okay, so I don´t have very much time to type this so I¨ll have to make it quick.

This week, our ward had their annual temple trip! Yay! So on Monday they all got together in the church with their bags in hand, and at first (I had forgotten about the temple trip) I thought that they were all getting together for some slumber party in the chapel that I had not been invited too, but when the big 2 story bus showed up I remembered that they were all  headed to the temple. You know what I wasn´t grateful enough for when I had them. Temples. I had like a bajillion within a few hours of my house in Utah, and now.... I have a bajilllion miles between me and the closest temple. It´s a privilege to go to the temple. These people only get to do it once every year. ONCE. It´s been a year since I have been in the temple and I too miss it.

So everyone was in the temple this week, and that made it hard to have lessons with members, hat being a precious commodity here anyways.

We had a stake conference this Sunday and so we all (the missionaries) got on a intercity colectivo (bus) and went to Neuquén across the bridge to go to the conference. We got there and it was still dark... inside th building. As it often happens here, there ``was no power``. And so we started the conference with no light, excepet from the windows and no microphone and we really couldn´t hear. After about 15 minutes, I don`´t know how he did it, but some technician came, went into the microphone room and then the light in the room turned on and the microphone worked but the the rest of the building still didn´t have power. It was another blessing to not have to litsten to the entire conference like in the days of old.

Also, this week we didn´t have any lunches with the members, not one. So I made like a vegetable stew, rice thing called guiso, and it wasn´t exactly the same as the members, there was too much rice, but it was good anyways. Every other day of the week, you`´ll never guess what we ate. I´ll give you a hint it starts with noo and ends with dles and we eat it every day of our lives...

There´s two families who we´re working with who are great.

One is the Macino family. There still investigating the  church, but they´re really nice. There an old couple of about 78 years. The husband´s name is aldo and he thinks a lot and really likes what we teach and would like to progress, but his wife, although kind manneredly, said that she likes how the mormons are,  but doesn´t want to change her religion (even though she doesn´t practice her religion) . Fine then, don´t change your religion just listen to what we say and do it! It´s okay, she´ll come around. Those darn traditions of their fathers.

Okay, I gotta go, but I love you all and I pray that you don`´t cut the funds off. :)

Love,

Elder Bradley Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment