Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan. 19th



Hello! I know what your thinking! ¨What happened, Elder Turek!? Why didn´t you email us yesterday?!¨ I´m sorry, it´s not my fault. That´s what happens when there´s only one computer in 25 de Mayo, you have to wait. We went twice to the Ciber to use the computer, but both times we went, someone was using it, and so neither of us had the opportunity to email our friends and family. So, with that in mind I ask for your apologies.

Well, I´ll be. I had my 6 month aniversary the other day, January 17. 6 months! I can´t believe it.

In commemerance of my 6 months I thought I would give you all a tasty, very, very argentine recipe to try.


Dulce de Leche. Dulce de Leche is most like the carmel sauce that you put on apples, but more Argentine. Everybody has it here in Argentina. It´s as common as peanut butter is in the States.

Dulce de Leche

SUPER Easy (american) Way:
1 or 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
Put in pot filled with water over the cans
Boil slowly on low heat for 3 hours.
Let cool for a few hours.
Open: instant dulce de leche.

Anybody can do it! Try it! It´s really rich. Try it on fruits, crackers, fingers, whatever.

There you go, happy 6 months everybody.

In other news, my companion recieved a package from his girlfriend the other day. She must love him a lot, becuase there was SO much crud in there, it was covered in pictures, and decorated, and filled with chocolates of all sorts, candies, a whole stack of letters and --get this-- a box of 730 reasons why she loves him, all individually hand written on little papers, rolled up, and rubber banded. Enough for each day of his mission. I would rag on him for having such things, but he shares his candy, and chocolates with me frequently, and she seems like a nice girl, so I try not too say much about it.

Mom, you asked if they have sunscreen here, because we all looked a little burnt. The answer is basically no. They might have it, but it´s kind of expensive and nobody wants to buy it. I have some, but I just don´t use it. 

Well, I hope all is well with you where ever you are. I hope you know that I love you. Keep on keeping on.

Love,

Elder Bradley Turek


No comments:

Post a Comment