Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct. 28



Family, friends!

How are you? Things, good? I hope you all enjoy Halloween this coming week! Here in Argentina, it appears that they don´t celebrate halloween much. There is a little pizza shop near our house called Brujas or Witch´s Pizza with a big pumpkin painted on the side, but aside from that, I´m pretty sure nobody is going to go Trick or Treating or anything like it. They know the word Halloween, but they don´t know what it is, I think. Maybe I´ll buy myself a few of the many centavo candies that they have here and have a 10 minute celebration of... whatever it is we celebrate in Halloween... Candy? The dead? Hallows (whatever that is)?

Anyway! It was good to hear of all the happenings at home! I agree, President Theurer is going to be an awesome Patriarch, and tell Cody that he needs to be the best hometeaching companion ever! Hometeaching was seriously one of the best preparations I had for missonary work.

Things here are hard, I´m not going to lie, but you can´t make me complain (to you at least). This week has followed the pattern of some of the other weeks, and I´ve not been as diligent in somethings as I should, but we finally have an investigator! We´ll call her Marisol. She lives near our Bishop´s family, who are awesome and, she noticed how well behaved and nice their kids are and said that there had to be something that worked with the mormons if that family was the way they are. We got in for the first lesson and I´ll tell you what she just talked our ears off with how she´s always stressed and doing things for her family and her boys but never gets anything in return and she just wanted respect. It was really hard to finish an idea, before she would comment and ramble on and on. at the end of the ¨lesson¨ she said that she liked it. a few days later we invited her to a ward activity for mother´s day, which is in october here, and she said flat out, Ïll be there. And she was! And she liked it! And she talked with the ward! It was excellent! Tender mercy central!
 I´m out of time, but I love you all and am so grateful for your love and the emails I get from you!


Elder Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment