Monday, October 14, 2013

Oct. 14



Como le va! How´s it going family and friends! Man, I love all of you guys!

Things here in Argentina are going just grand. Like I told you last week we had a baptism and a wedding and guess what! This week we had the baptism for their son, too! It was.... an adventure, haha.

Long story, short: The baptismal font takes a long, long time to fill.
Also, we just got hot water because before it was broken. We filled it for like 2 hours and then my companion turned off the cold and just ran the hot to make it a little bit warmer for him. Do you remember how I said the hot water here is really, really hot? Well, when we were all ready to baptize him, we opened up the doors to the font and steam came flowing out. I thought that was a little weird, and then when they tried to get in, it was was way too hot, like "burn you"
hot. So we started adding all the cold water we could find and stirred it around for a little bit, and eventually they could get in without scalding themselves. Then, when he baptized his son, the first time, he said the prayer wrong, and the following times, his son, Fernando kind of freaked out each time he got dunked and kicked his foot up or put his hand up, so we baptized him like 5 times, I kid you not.
Eventually we had them both kneel in the water and finally he went all the way down. The congregation applauded. It all turned out great.

I have a new companion this week! We're in a trio with a Elder Farnsworth from SLC. I asked, he's not related to our farnsworths as far as he can tell. He's been in Georgia waiting his Visa for like 7 months. He can speak pretty good spanish, but was serving in an english ward, so I can still speak better than he, but he'll do awesome. I'm excited to work with him.

We're going into spring here and so it's getting warmer and it's rained a little bit. Also, yes  mom the people here are much shorter I hit my head on the trees often.

Don't have lots of time today, but I'll write you more later,


Love you all so much,

Stay excellent.

Elder Bradley Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment