Tuesday, June 10, 2014

May 19th



Dear Family,

I hope you all enjoyed the letter last week. I did my best to make it exceptionally longer, but it was killing me because I was leaving a flagrant trail of errros and typos because I had to go so fast. Do you like it better?

It was most excellent to hear that Cody gave an absolutley fantastic talk about Choice and Accountability. Way to go, Codester.

Okay, this week was pretty good. It was the second week with my new companion and we´re getting along just fine. The only thing is that sometimes he`s got some lazy habits, like not washing his dishes immediately afterwards and waiting till they all pile up, a habit of mine that I had gotten rid of thanks to a previous companion who always washed my dishes immediately after I used them causing me to begin to wash my dishes immediately so that he couldn`t, but now I`m losing the habit. Things like that.

Okay the major fun thing that happened this week was the farewell of a missionary in our ward. Er... branch. We only have one in the field right now and so this will make two. He`s going off to Brazil, Rio de Janerio, and he`s a stud. His name is Sebastian. 

He baptized Jorgelina and always goes out to visit with us.

Anyways, we had his farewell this week and the guy who was putting it all together asked us to put together a little message to share with everyone. He also asked the sisters to put together a musical number, he just forgot to ask them until the day before. So the day of we got a call from the sisters asking us to help them with said musical number. We went to the church and we started to try and think of hymns that we could sing or mix or sing together or whatever, but nothing seemed to work. So then my rhythmically practised companion started to beat box and he said start singing, and so I sang a few lines of Called to Serve, and he beatboxed to the beat and it sounded really cool!! We thought that it was super great and kept trying and practicing and laughing, but the sisters weren`t so entertained, no I take that back they were entertained they thought it was rediculous (I can`t spell anymore) they just were super not for the idea of actually performing it... We begged and told them that it sounded really good, but they just didn`t say anything... Which was okay, we were just here to help and so I offered, well if you don`t want to do that, what do you want to do, and they had no idea...

SO... we addressed their concerns of it not being appropriate by calling the guy and performing it for him and he said he loved it and so we told the sisters and they finally relented, and we made it nice and organized. We all started singing together and then after the first line Elder Godoy, my companion, went off to the microphone and started the beat and then the next line I cut off and wetted up a good whistle line as the sisters continued singing (which they were fine with, because they could neither whistle nor beatbox, but they could sing). And thus it was! Despite the doubts of the sisters we put it all together and performed it in from of everyone. They seemed to like it and we think it went off well.

I`ll see what I can do about getting it to you....

Anyways, that was the major thing this week. Nothing exciting with investigators...

I really loved hearing about all the things going on at home. You guys are great for letting me know the downlow on the to and fro.

My companion`s blatter is going to explode so we`ve gotta go...

Love you all,

Elder Bradley Turek

P.S. I got some audio of the video, hope that works for ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment