Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 3rd



Dear Family,

It's very good to hear about the things at home! Thanks for your emails, I really do appreciate them.

I didn't even realize that the SuperBowl came and went, so I guess that tells you how much I care or am cognicent about American football at the moment. Although the SuperBowl came and went silently, I never stop hearing about the Soccer World Cup, here. Everybody talks about it; I'm not so enthusiastic.

Special news this week: I went to Chile yesterday.


Me and bunch of other Elders and Sisters had to go to Chile to renew our Tourist Visas. It was quite the adventure, and a lot of driving. I came from 25 de Mayo in the North, 3 hours to Neuquen. 12:00am our bus left for Bariloche (Argentine Park City, no kidding), where we arrived around 6:30am, rented cars, did some paperwork, waited a lot, and then drove all the way to the border of Chile, did some paperwork, waited in some lines, saw some absolutely awesome forest/jungle from within the car, and then repeated coming back. About 36 hours of traveling, and waiting, but I got some really good pictures, and I can now say that I have been in Chile. 

Got back to Neuquen at 5:30 this morning. I've been working in the office helping around with things all day and my Collectivo (Bus) leaves at 5:00pm back to 25 de Mayo. Speak of the devil, I've got to go.

Thanks for all of the love and prayers. Trust in the Lord.


Elder Bradley Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment