Monday, August 19, 2013

Aug 19, 2013 West Campus


Hola Familia y Amigos!

Elder Turek, again!

How are things? Thanks for the letters and emails! I got Mom's, Dad's, a email from Dad's address, but which seemed to have a certain Kyla-like tone to it ;), and an email from the Stake Presidency. Thanks all! I also got a dear-elder from Tyler earlier in the week, but he wrote in Spanish with accenting and all and so the printer driver at dear elder was like "I ain't havin' none'that" and turned all the accented ones into question marks which made it difficult to read and to decide if you were asking or telling me things. Next time, email it, or just put apostrophes next to the letters that are in need and I will understand. 

Okay! So I made it to the West Campus safe and sound! It's good here! Different, but good! The West Campus consists of two former BYU apartment complexes: Wyview, and Raintree. We live in Wyview. We have one apartment for 6 of us with a bedroom for each companionship--as opposed to one room with 3 bunkbeds--but the downside is there only one shower and we have a Gym period every day. It's been interesting. One or two sink showers may or may not have taken place. Haha, I think they will have more showers in the new gym facilities under construction, done in October.

At the main MTC we have shaded walkways, and everything is much closer. Here we have to cross a street to get to the other half of the MTC and there is much less of that shade business. Está bien, it's good practice for the mission. The food is basically the same for the main courses, and the plentiful amounts of cereal, but there are less choices, a lack of wrap bar, and less people. It's okay, most of the MTC-necessary buildings here are either recycled apartments or large portables. There's lots of construction and growth going on around here. It'll be cool to see all of this when it gets done.

Every Tuesday we have a devotional. This Tuesday, we had none other than Richard G. Scott come and speak to us! Also, I was in the choir, happening to sit right in front of the camera, AND the devotional was broadcast, live and recorded, to something like 15 other MTCs. Woof. It was cool. Elder Scott was an excellent speaker.

I have yet to get my Visa. I'm going to know where I'll be reassigned probably this Thursday.

I saw the picture of Kyla's room! Que Chevre! How cool! That will be awesome. Code, I hope your face swelleth less, but keep hangin' in there. That's really cool that Tyler got a new job! I hope you like it T'.

Mom: I got the earplugs!! Thanks so much! They have been very helpful in helping me focus!

You Henderson People: Do you know the Laymons? There's a Elder Laymon in my Zone and he said he lives in Henderson, so just curious...

Turek Peeps: Today while on the bus from the Temple to the MTC, I met a sister Randquist. She mentioned my last name and said that her Stepdad had the same last name and that she'd never met anyone with the same. I came to find out that her stepdad's name is Bill Turek and that she even lives in Layton! How I've never known this, beats me. Do we know a Bill? How am I related to this Sister? It was pretty bizarre, but cool.

Also some other elder asked me if I knew a Sharra Turek... anyone know a Sharra (spelling guessed/misremembered). Double also, a few weeks ago I met a Elder Turk. He said that his last name used to be spelled like ours--not sure how long ago you'd have to go back to find the relation, but still cool anyway; it's a small world.

Thanks again, all; I love you! But I must go!

If you would like to email me write me here at bradley.turek@myldsmail.net.

If you want to receive these emails consistently, say so! And I'll make sure you're added to the list. Also, they should be posted to my blog at elderturekinargentina.blogspot.com

I got a haircut today. Also I do laundry occasionally. Hence the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment