Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 29, 2013

Hola! Que tal! 
Thanks so much for those of you who emailed me! I can't believe It's already my second week! Holy Cow! Things are good here at the MTC. The food is still good, although many assure me by the time I leave it will cease to be, my district is still pretty good, I'm learning spanish really well so far, things are good.
We taught our investigator, Mohammed, 3 more times this last week. At first we were really nervous and kinda choppy and not conjugating our words right, but we got less nervous and better at spanish as we met with him more. It was good; it helps me to know that I will be able to do it in Argentina, eventually. I can understand almost everything my investigator says now. I might need them to repeat, but normally on the second time I get it down; and if they say a word that I don't know I try and ask what it is and how to spell it (for some reason knowing how to spell the word helps me remember and pronounce it alot better.) This next week we'll have two investigators to teach in spanish! Man, I was thinking that was alot, but then I realized that we're going to have a lot more than that in the Mission Field, so esta bien.
My companion and I are doing well. We've had some ups and downs, but thanks to a few companion inventories, (you know, just talking it through, "what's our strengths, what do we need to work on") we're getting on the same page. It's hard to always be with someone else and always choose something that both of us like. Compenstating and patience: that's been working so far.
I finally found my cousin, Brennan (Elder Dean)! I was holding a door open for a group of missionaries on Sunday on my way to Sacrament and all of sudden, I got forcefully hugged! I found him! I was looking for him for days! I also found a few of my other friends and it was really exciting. I love seeing my friends here.
Did you send that package off to camp?
I'm excited for them to go on Trek and for all of the cool things you are doing! Keep being excellent!
My student directory is a white spiral bound book with the other books/binders that I left by the hockey table.

Thanks so much for your love(liness) and support! I love you all!
Elder Turek
-------------
I (please) need:
  1. a ward directory, so I can send mail to people in our ward.
  2. Dad to get on my TurekBoy@gmail.com account and download my contacts. Then please get on my bradley.turek@myldsmail.netaccount (same username and password) and uplaod those contacts. That would help me immensely.
  3. Also, Dad, if you could get on my Google Drive and find the Camp Friends Directory (look for the word "camp" and if not search Hancey, or Lippert) and send that to me.
  4. Earplugs. That would be a good thing, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment