Friday, May 2, 2014

April 28th - It´s a Christmas Miracle!



Dear Family,

Firstly and foremostly, thank you soooo much for all of the birthday emails (and thoughts and prayers). I really do apprecaite them all. I have read a few, but I will read and respond to the rest later. Again, thanks. 

Okay, none of you are going to believe what happened...

A Christmas Miracle happened!! You know that package that you sent me way back in November, five months ago, for Christmas?! Well, guess what I got this week on the day after my birthday?! That´s right that 5-month old Christmas Package!! Yay for Christmas Miracles! Haha, mom, you know me WAY too well. From the Peanut Butter with extra Omega-3 to the exact same deoderant that I like and happened to just run out,it was all wonderful. The candies and such are all a little hard or melted, but HEY! Candy! Also, you sent me like a million shirts. Did you think that I have been going shirtless for a while? Haha, no, but I thoroughly enjoyed them all and will put them to good use.

Okay, so that´s the big news for this week: Christmas-Birthday Miracle. 

My birthday was yesterday, and if you were wondering mom, I DID eat cake: cupcakes that is. The sister missionaries here in 25 de Mayo, were so kind to make me 6 delicious birthday cupcakes. They were most excellent, and I shared them with all of those who showed up to my Gospel Principles class on Sunday. Also, late saturday night, I was told that I would have to give a talk the next day. Haha, I wasn´t super worried, but when the time came, for me to give my talk the Branch President caught my attencion and gave me the ´´don´t worry about it we´re out of time´´ signal, and so I didn´t end up having to give a talk, yay for birthday miracles.

Fa, 20 years old. I´m old. (I know all of you more-than-20-somethings think I´m crazy) But it´s official, I´m no longer in the teens.

I´m very glad to hear that the gifts I sent were enjoyed.

I wish I had told you this last week, but for future reference, if you want to buy me something online that will get to me here in Argentina, ´´mercado libre´´ is the amazon of argentina. With that said, I will most certainly use the money you sent me to buy myself something nice this week. Like a wallet.

The other day we went to visit a less active lady. She is very old like 90, and hasn´t been to the chapel in years. We got a talking to her, and before we could say anything she let us know that God had authorized her to ´´take a rest´´ from going to church. What?... I could not believe it. Authorized? She really had convinced herself that God had authorized her to not go to the chapel. She´s crazy. She said ´´Yes of course´´ to the question ´´If the Lord himself was here and told you to go to church, what would you say´´. But when I said'' Well, we are representatives of Jesus Christ and as His representatives me make you the same invitation. What do you say?''  She replied ´´...no, I don´t say anything'' Yeah. Good times. That´s what pride does to you. When the sisters went back to visit her she ´´bajó la caña en mí´´ or ´´dropped cane on me´´. In other words she said I was crazy. 

Okay that´s really all of the time that I have.

I love you all,

Elder Bradley Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment