Monday, November 18, 2013

I, like missionary work, am alive and well!



Family!!

Hey, I'm still alive, and always have been alive and well. I don't know why my email didn't send last week, but I wrote it, and it should be sent now.

How are you all?! Fhew. It's good to hear about all the things happening at home! How exciting with all the farewells! If you would, like I said in the previous email, tell me where all of these wonderful missionaries are heading off to and also, their addresses, and emails would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Well, transfers were again this week and guess what!! Can you guess? Haha, okay, not really exciting, but, surprisingly enough, I'm staying in the same area, and with the same companion. Haha, the President is inspiredThe president is inspired, I keep telling myself. No, but it's not too bad. Now that I've done all those scary things once or twice they're not so hard. Growing is fun.

Well, you know how I said that we were going to get new Elders? Well, I kind of lied. Not by my fault, but by misinformation, or maybe even by a change of plans, but however it happened, the Elders that we expected to get, are sisters! There will be 4 sisters and my companion and I in our ward.

The months are flying by. I cannot believe it. It's almost Christmas! It's going to be weird having Christmas without snow, but we'll make do. Maybe I'll find some shredded coconut... haha. Family, do you want something for Christmas? It's pretty expensive to send stuff home, but I (think) can do it. I'll think of some wonderful argentine things. For me for Christmas? Did you hear conference? Do you remember how one of the apostles gave us a challenge to invite just one person to receive the misionary discussions or help reactivate someone and bring them back to church before christmas? If you wanted to give me one thing for Christmas, it would be to take that challenge.

Prayerfully think of a person. Look at this. The work is moving forward, but not without the members. Missionaries need members. A prophet of God has called you out. So will you do it? I know that youre probably thinking that I don't know youre reading this right now, and you're probably right. Your thinking "Ha, he thinks he can commit us with an email". Well, I can't make you do anything, just ask, but God sure would be proud of you for taking the challenge, and I will totally accept it as a Christmas Gift. The worst thing that can happen is someone says "No, thanks." But the best thing that could happen is someone receives eternal life. That's all. So do it, would you?

I love you all,

Elder Bradley Turek

P.S.Skyller, yes you can use my rope if someone else isn't using it, but only if you're super careful. I don't want you or her dying. Her name is Mally (short for Maleficent, like the dragon on that one disney show.) Use her wisely; take a class at the The Front. www.thefrontogden.com They are awesome there, and know tons. Most of all, be excellent, and shoot me an email about all of your adventures and how your mission was.

No comments:

Post a Comment